Q: Replacing transmission on '95 Toyota Corolla with Celica transmission

asked by on April 11, 2016

I've changed my transmission on my '95 Toyota Corolla and put a '97 Celica transmission and now it feels like it's running on fourth gear when it's running really on fifth gear.

You shouldn’t just be swapping those things because it’s a different engine, different size, and different gear ratio in them. Just live with whatever it does because you really shouldn’t be doing these types of swap. I know guys who can actually rebuild them and change the gear ratio but they charge thousands of dollars and you are not going to want to do that on an old car like that.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr