Q: My car will not start

If my Lexus 300 ES motor will not turn over, when I turn the key it sounds like to wants to start or could it be the starter? Hours before there was no problem.

This could be a variety of things ranging from a fuel delivery problem to a no spark problem. The good thing is you know you are getting power to the starter if it cranks. Outside of this you will need more information as to potential trouble codes. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the starting issue by using a scanning tool which will download info from your car’s computer indicating potential problems which will allow them to test certain parts to better trace the problem.