Q: I Need to find transmission speed sensor location for a 2006 mazda 6s,auto 6 speed & manual

Sometimes when Im driving my speedometer stops working.Then the dashboard gets several lights,like the abs,brake,AT,& my mileage stops working as well..This occurs randomly.I was told it could be my vehicle(transmission) speed sensor.however,I dont know the exact location of it.It doesnt appear to be on top or side of transmission. Its a 6 speed automatic transmission but also has the option to swap over to manual mode.

Hi J. M. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The speed sensor for a 2006 Mazda 6 is accessible through the engine compartment and is located on the top of the differential, towards the driver side of the engine compartment. Since we can’t attach images or schematic for you to follow, I would strongly recommend that you purchase a service and repair manual for your vehicle, this way not only will you find the location of the sensor, but will be provided with steps on how to correctly replace.