Q: I bought a dodge challenge from the auction It start good but I won't move fast it just go slow and when I hit the gas it doesn't

asked by on October 23, 2017

The dodge challenge was bought from the auction and I tried to drive it but it won't move fast it just go slow and that's it.

It sounds like the engine computer is in failure management mode. If the check engine light is on then you need to have the codes scanned and then have the codes received diagnosed to see what caused the computer to go into failure mode. This can be caused by several different problems and no way to know until the scan is done and have the codes.

Hi James. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s more than likely that your Dodge is stuck in limp mode. This occurs when the ECU detects a fault somewhere in the transmission or driveline. The other possibility is that your throttle control module or sensor is damaged. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine what is wrong with the Challenger.