Q: My car runs hot immediately after starting, I just noticed it yesterday.

asked by on November 06, 2016

Ok my car is leaking coolant, I've had to put coolant in before, which was idk maybe 8-12 weeks ago. I go to this shop to have my mirror repaired I noticed smoke coming from the driver side hood of the vehicle. Now I myself smoke so you know I didn't notice it immediately, but anyway they looked at it, said the housing unit was leaking, it was only a visual inspection. But what I noticed was that there was some sort of liquid near the motor. Assuming it's coolant because there's none in the bottle under the hood. So I put water in there thinking it's time to refill my coolant. The water came out just as fast couldn't see from where. So I get to where I was going and I come out maybe 3 mins later my car has water under there that has flowed to the curb. Now it just gets hot immediately, the smoke isn't bad BAD but it's bad. I'm thinking replace the water pump but idk I'm not the best car Mechanic and funds are low so I'm trying to do this fix my self. Advice is greatly appreciated thxz

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr