Q: What does the Engine Oil Pressure Light mean on the dash?

What does the Engine Oil Pressure Light mean on the dash?

Your car’s engine needs oil – it lubricates, reduces friction and ensures a long life. However, it also needs to maintain the right amount of pressure in the engine. If pressure drops, it means there’s something going wrong. The Engine Oil Pressure Light on the dash should come on briefly when you first start the engine and then go out. If it comes on while you’re driving, it could mean that the engine oil is low, or it could mean that there’s a problem with a component, such as the oil pump, or a clogged filter that’s preventing oil from flowing correctly.

Tip

If the Engine Oil Pressure Light comes on, check the engine oil level. If it’s low, top it off and see if the light goes out. If it doesn’t, have the car inspected immediately.

3. Q: What does the Engine Oil Pressure Light mean on the dash?