Q: My car won't detect my car key.

My cars battery died and we replaced it with a new one. The lights work and everything but when we try to lock/unlock the car with the keys it won't work. We also tried to turn it on but it said that the key was not detected. The keys also had new batteries as well.

There is a technical bulletin 13-5-32 that covers this problem of no start with any key. The TSB says that the vehicle will need to have the anti-theft system radio transceiver module reprogrammed using the dealer IDS system with the latest calibration. This is required so the module will recognize your keys again. For this repair, get in touch with your dealer to let you know what next steps need to be done.

3. My car won't detect my car key.