Q: A/C stopped working

My A/C stopped working last week. My husband replaced a 40 fuse under the hood, and has tested the blower motor and resistor......all of which are working. What should be our next step and what could possibly be the problem? The day the A/C stopped working it only affected the front vents, but the rear vents worked and were blowing cold air.

I would suggest checking the flap vents inside your vehicle’s air conditioning ducts. These vents open and close the direction of air flow. If the rear vents are working correctly, then it is likely not the A/C compressor or blower motor. If this does not fix your problem, I would suggest having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your AC system and let you know what needs to be repaired.

3. A/C stopped working