Q: 2000 Lexus GS400 has new battery, but will not start

My car had been running well until I got home, turned off the engine, and then it wouldn’t start again. It doesn’t even make any noise at all. The VSC/ABS sensors come on when I’m trying to start the engine. My car has a completely new battery, but the car is simply dead. The radio does not work, nor the lights, etc. Can you tell me what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Lexus GS400. There are various reasons for a car not to start. The best way to determine what component is causing this is by having a technician scan the VSC (vehicle stability control) and ABS (anti-lock brake system) with a code reader. The stored trouble codes will help spotlight whichever component is at fault. A technician, such as a one from YourMechanic, can fully scan the vehicles system to uncover any faults and can diagnose and repair this starting issue.

3. 2000 Lexus GS400 has new battery, but will not start