Q: 2000 Lexus GS400 has new battery, but will not start

My car had been running well until I got home, turned off the engine, and then it wouldn’t start again. It doesn’t even make any noise at all. The VSC/ABS sensors come on when I’m trying to start the engine. My car has a completely new battery, but the car is simply dead. The radio does not work, nor the lights, etc. Can you tell me what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Lexus GS400. There are various reasons for a car not to start. The best way to determine what component is causing this is by having a technician scan the VSC (vehicle stability control) and ABS (anti-lock brake system) with a code reader. The stored trouble codes will help spotlight whichever component is at fault. A technician, such as a one from YourMechanic, can fully scan the vehicles system to uncover any faults and can diagnose and repair this starting issue.