Q: How do I operate the manual air conditioning system?

How do I operate the manual air conditioning system?

If your car is equipped with a manual air conditioning system, it provides you with the means to keep the interior temperature at the right level for you and your passengers with relative ease. Here’s how to use the various controls:

• Turn the temperature knob to set the desired temperature. Note that if you don’t have the AC button pushed in, the system will only blow ambient temperature air, or heated air (depending on the temperature selected).

• Turn the fan speed knob to adjust the amount of air blown into the cabin. To turn the fan off completely, turn the knob to 0.

• Choose where the air is blown out by selecting the air outlet you want (upper vents, upper and lower vents, lower vents only).

• Use either the defrost setting or the defrost and lower vent setting to remove moisture from the windshield.

• Use the recirculate button to switch between fresh outside air and interior air (if the light is on, you’re using recirculated air).

• Use the vent tabs to adjust the direction of air blown out of the vents. Side vents in the front can be closed by pushing down on the top of the vent grille (this produces more air from the center vents).

3. How do I operate the manual air conditioning system?