Q: Hello . When passenger airbag sign is off , does it mean that all the airbags are off or only the passengers airbags ? Thank you

When passenger airbag sign is off , does it mean that all the airbags are off or only the passengers airbags ? Thank you

If there are no warning lights on when the engine is running, all of the airbags are active. That is the default mode. About twelve years ago the DMV required that the driver be given control of whether the passenger airbag was active, because some small children had been seriously hurt by airbags while riding in the front passenger seat. So now you can switch off the passenger airbag via a key switch in the glove compartment. When the Airbag is disabled, the "Passenger Airbag Off" light comes on to remind you that it is inactive and won’t be able to protect the passenger. The main airbag warning light is in the instrument cluster and, like the other light, when it is lit it means that the airbags will not work. Here is a short article with more information about the airbag warning light.

3. Hello . When passenger airbag sign is off , does it mean that all the airbags are off or only the passengers airbags ? Thank you