Q: Barometric Pressure Sensor Error Code

Our Ford Fiesta got an error code P2227, barometric pressure sensor a circuit range/performance. I would like to be able to buy a new sensor and replace it for about $90, rather than paying $90 for a mechanic to determine if the problem exists or not. My question is, if I replace the sensor and still get an error code, what would be the next step in the process?

Thank you,

The next step would be to do a proper full pinpoint test indication in the troubleshooting charts for the code that you got. This test will check the wiring, connections, ECM connections and the ECM itself. If you do not have a scanner and manual with a digital multimeter to do the tests then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do a full diagnostic after the sensor does not fix the problem.