Q: I have a bad transmission and vehicle warranty is expired. I can't afford to buy a new or rebuilt transmission.

I have taken the car to a mechanic and the transmission is bad. It can be repaired but the amount is too much. What are my alternatives?

A: Unfortunately, your only alternative to rep...

Unfortunately, your only alternative to repairing it would be to replace it with a used one. I would contact the manufacture to see if they will help with the repairs. Sometimes they will do a goodwill repair and pay for the whole repair or a portion of it.