Q: I have a bad transmission and vehicle warranty is expired. I can't afford to buy a new or rebuilt transmission.

asked by on September 02, 2016

I have taken the car to a mechanic and the transmission is bad. It can be repaired but the amount is too much. What are my alternatives?

Unfortunately, your only alternative to repairing it would be to replace it with a used one. I would contact the manufacture to see if they will help with the repairs. Sometimes they will do a goodwill repair and pay for the whole repair or a portion of it.