Q: Creaking noise from front and rear of car when accelerating from a stop and sometimes when I brake to a stop.

asked by on August 21, 2017

Accelerating from a stop and braking from a slow speed to a stop. Only time this happens. Doesn't happen when going over bumps or speed bumps. Doesn't happen when I'm shaking my car either.

Shock Absorber Replacement $154.29 - $2020.72 Get a Quote
Excessive car bounce and sway Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have some worn suspension components. Things like shocks/struts, sway bars and control arm bushings when worn will make this kind of creaking sound when the weight of the vehicle is transferred during stopping and starting as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.