Q: white smoke and coolant loss.

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus, and about two weeks ago it started to leak coolant, and a white smoke was coming from the hood. got the coolant resiviour replaced for 250$, and on the way back from the mechanic my car looses a good amount of coolant that had just been put in, and it had smoke coming from the hood. Now, about a week later, the problem persists. i looked under the car after driving it for about 5 minutes, and a massive amount of white smoke is coming from what seems to be my exhaust pipe near the front end, and from my radiator. i have thought about just putting stop leak into my radiator hose and see if that fixes it, but i dont want to put the entire engine system at risk because i dont know whats wrong with my car.

Hi there:

Overheating issues can be very tricky to fix and diagnose. However, when you’re losing coolant and white smoke is coming from the exhaust, this is a typical indication of a blown head gasket; which is causing coolant to seep into the engine. If this issue is not dealt with quickly; it can cause serious engine damage. The best advice I can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection; so they can determine if the repairs needed will be affordable or worth the expense.

3. white smoke and coolant loss.