Q: Brake lights staying on

asked by on February 10, 2016

The brake lights stay on even when the car is off, draining my battery.

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The brake light switch has a small rubber bumper that pushes in on it to keep the light off. The rubber bumper falls apart with age and then the brake lights stay on. The bumper on the brake pedal linkage would have to be replaced to turn off the brake lights. I recommend you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, to inspect and solve the brake light issue.