Q: Service light on, high temperature, heat off

Yesterday I was about to go someplace and I started the car. I felt that it was very warm inside as if the heat was set on high. The service engine soon light came on. I checked the heat but it was off. Everything returned to normal after several minutes. I'm confused as to what happened. Do you have any idea?

The only way to gain insight as to what happened it to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes associated with the Check Engine Light. Even if the Check Engine Light is not on anymore, you may be able to retrieve history codes from the onboard control module. A professional, such as you from YourMechanic, can diagnose these trouble codes for you and repair your vehicle.

3. Service light on, high temperature, heat off