Q: Air suspension making a hissing sound

asked by on March 28, 2016

The front left suspension of my car is making a hissing sounds, as if there is a leak. I looks like both sides are pumping up and remaining inflated though.

A slight hissing sound that may increase in frequency as the vehicle speed increases may be from the brake lining wear indicator. The noise can start as a slight hiss or scratching noise and turn into a squeal as the brake lining wears lower. Have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle to locate the hissing/squealing noise and estimate the repair.