Q: Recommendation on buying a Subaru--Impreza STI or a WRX

Next year, I'm getting my first car. I'm 24 years old. I have two models--Subaru Impreza STI; WRX is not available in Switzerland. I would drive 14,000 miles a year. What do you think?

A: I’d go for the STI if I were you. And, like...

I’d go for the STI if I were you. And, like I’ve said many times--if you are getting a Subaru get a standard transmission. Their automatic transmissions stink. They are horrible. They wear out. They cost a fortune to fix. So, if you are going to get that, get a standard transmission. You’ll love it. They have more control. When it snows in Switzerland, you won’t get stuck. You will be able to put it in any gear you need to. Get a standard transmission and get an STI.