Q: How do you use the Daytime Running Lights?

How do you use the Daytime Running Lights?

A: If your car is equipped with Daytime Runnin...

If your car is equipped with Daytime Running Lights (not available on all Fusions), they provide substantially better visibility during daytime driving. Unlike your headlights, the Daytime Running Lights are designed to make your car more visible to other drivers – it’s not about making the road visible for you. They’re particularly important in situations where bright sunlight might partially blind other drivers (such as when driving at dusk and dawn). Here’s how to work them:

1. Make sure your ignition is on.

2. Make sure your headlights are off, in the Parking Light position, or set to Auto.

3. Make sure the transmission is in Drive.

Tip

Daytime Running Lights will not illuminate the road in front of you. Make sure to turn on your headlights at dusk and when driving before dawn. Alternatively, set your headlights to Auto and they’ll come on when needed.