Car runs hot overheating 300 chrysler radiators 2008 v6-2...

Q: Car runs hot

asked by on February 09, 2016

The Check Engine light is on, and the car is running hot.

The Check Engine Light may have more to do with the engine than the temperature condition. The engine would need to be checked to see if the radiator is flowing coolant properly, and not partially clogged. The thermostat should be checked to see if it’s not opening, and cooling fans should be checked for operation. I recommend that a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run an inspection on your illuminated Check Engine Light to find the best fix.