Q: Knocking noise when my car starts and drive

asked by on May 09, 2017

My car is making a knocking noise when it start and drive

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having several problems. We can rule out any wheel or suspension noise because you claim the sounds starts immediately after the engine is started. The first thing to do is visually inspect the engine, and see if there is anything obvious making the noise. There may be a loose belt that is hitting something near by, there may be a pulley that has stopped turning, or another component that is obviously struggling. If the noise cannot be identified, then it may be interior, and further testing will be needed. Knocking can come from the pistons and combustion chambers, the valves, the crankshaft or camshaft, and several other components. It is a process of elimination until the noise is located. For more help with diagnostics and resolving the noise, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr