Q: BMW Error Code P0597. Need to replace the thermostat.

Service Engine light came on and took into the shop to evaluate the issue. It's error code P0597 and the staff suggested to replace the thermostat.

Hi there. The P0597 OBD-II trouble code is for the thermostat heater control circuit. This means that the thermostat is electronically controlled in your vehicle. Some of the common causes of this code include a loose or corroded connector on the thermostat, coolant leak in the cooling system - make sure that all connections are tight, the thermostat could have failed - stuck open or partially open or there could be a short in the wiring harness between the computer and thermostat. If you’d like us to replace your thermostat, please fill out this request for a thermostat replacement and we can send you a quote.

3. BMW Error Code P0597. Need to replace the thermostat.