Q: Acceleration Issues

asked by on October 09, 2016

My car would not drive over 10 MPH, I press the gas all the way to the floor and it does not go no faster then 10 MPH. I never had a problem with this.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If your Nissan has detected an issue with your transmission in any way, it will typically trigger a setting from the Engine Control Module (ECM) called "limp mode". Limp mode limits the transmission to only second gear, which keeps your vehicle safer but also restricts the speeds at which you can travel. In some cases, you can reset this mode manually by following these instructions:

1. First, bring your car to a complete stop.
  2. Shift your automatic transmission into PARK.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
  4. Wait 10 seconds, then turn your vehicle back on.
  5. Select the gear of your choice.

If your vehicle will shift into the gear you chose, then you can continue to drive your vehicle as normal. If the car is still stuck in second gear, then you like have a transmission problem that should be addressed immediately by a professional. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose this acceleration and speed issue and help suggest any repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr