Q: Getting a P0017 trouble code - 2007 Isuzu i290

asked by on October 30, 2016

Getting a P0017 code on my 2007 Isuzu i290 truck. It on!y has 33000 miles on it and it runs fine. I've been to two repair shops and their only solution is to start trial and error search on the timing chain etc...can you provide any guidance?

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Most likely you have a loose connection or a sensor is failing. Check the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor for any damage and make sure that they are mounted tight. Remove the plug to the sensors and check for any burnt connections or corrosion. If the sensors check out to be good, check resistance on the sensors to see what they have. If there is no resistance or really high resistance, then the sensor needs replacing.

If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can help you determine why the Check Engine Light is on and suggest any necessary repairs for your vehicle.