Q: Transmission not shifting properly

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. We were just currently driving home on the frwy in traffic, going about 25 mph. The RPM's went high at low speeds. The oil gage started to climb and transmission started to slip and be less responsive. It felt like it lost power. Heard a whistling or air like noise when going 30 mph or higher. Checked the transmission fluid when we got home, seems to be fine. What can you suggest???

What you are describing is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission not shifting properly