Q: check engine light on, code p0016 and p0017 shown

replaced both intake and exhaust camshaft sensors, changed oil,check engine light still on and throwing these same codes...car runs, starts fine

Of course, after a repair be sure to erase the codes. If the same codes do return after erasure, then there is a continuing, unresolved problem. Diagnostic Trouble Code P0016 and Diagnostic Trouble Code P0017 have multiple causes including that the camshaft timing is out of position due to the timing chain jumping teeth; the camshaft phaser is out of position due to problems with the phaser; the oil flow to the phaser is impeded due to incorrect oil viscosity or partly clogged passages; the Oil Control Valve (OCV) has a restriction in the OCV filter, and there is an exhaust timing gear problem with the phaser causing camshaft misalignment. In diagnosing the issue you are having, these causes have to be considered. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. check engine light on, code p0016 and p0017 shown