Q: The alarm went off several times during the night

The other night, while the car was parked in the garage, the alarm suddeny went off. I checked it out and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I stopped the alarm by pressing the unlock and then lock button on the remote. However, it happened again and again during the same night. I started it up, drove it for a while and parked it. But, the alarm went off yet again. I pressed the unlock and then lock button again so as to deactivate it. That night it didn't go off again. What is causing this?

A: Hello. If this is happening randomly, it us...

Hello. If this is happening randomly, it usually means that the battery in the car is failing. If the voltage is getting low enough from the battery failing, then this will occur. If the battery is fine, then one of the door switches may be failing so those would need to be checked.

It is rare that there is anything else, but it can also be an issue with the wiring into one of the doors, typically the driver's door. An electrical diagnosis would need to be performed to test this. If you want to have the vehicle repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to have this checked.