Q: When I accelerate it has no power. It only goes slowly. I have a code PO700 that has came up.

asked by on November 02, 2016

My car takes off really slow than builds up speed it showing a code PO700 would that be a transmission speed sensor output or input

Hello. Code P0700 is the trouble code for an issue with the vehicle’s transmission control system. If the computer detects an issue within the transmission control system it will set off the Check Engine Light in order to alert the driver of the issue. This code is a general code, and will usually come accompanied with other, more specific, transmission related codes.

A few possible causes are issues with shift solenoids, issues with the transmission valve body, an open or short in the wiring, or a faulty transmission control module. It may also be possible that the issue is related to the speed sensors, though usually that would set off a specific trouble code indicating so.

As the code and symptoms that are present can be caused by a wide variety of issues, I would recommend a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the transmission and acceleration issues.