Q: Q: Should I purchase.

I am looking at this BMW for a nice sports car to add to my garage. It does have high mileage however I would only bring it out in nice weather. I probably would put 3 to 4 thousand miles on it year however I still don't want to buy something I'm gonna be spending 3 grand a year on matinance cost so I would like a opinion of someone familiar with BMW's so tell me what to expect. This car was 94k at sticker when it came out so I know if anything breaks on it its gonna be costly but I just don't want it to be to costly. This is also the convertible soft top. I have already had it checked out the dealer and they said it needs radiator flush and that's it so its pretty bulletproof and in great condition so like I said. I just want to know what to expect going forward.

Hi there:

As the owner of a 2008 BMW 128i convertible with 100,000 miles, I understand some of the benefits of having that type of ’weekend cruiser’ in the garage. In general, BMW’s have a few common issues that tend to go wrong near 100,000 mile mark; especially convertible’s. Front engine seals tend to wear out, causing minor oil leaks. The rear window seal on the convertible top tend to wear out and split, which can be very expensive to repair. Transmission issues are not very common, but you’ll have to replace front and rear tires not based on how many miles you drive, but how often they are on the vehicle; as they’re very soft rubber compound and tend to crack on sidewalls sooner than most. Buying any sports car comes with some risk / reward, but the 645Ci is a very nice vehicle for that purpose. If you have the opportunity, you might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a pre purchase inspection; so they can take a good look at the vehicle to determine if there are mechanical defects that will hit your pocketbook hard.

3. Q: Should I purchase.