I have a 2012 vw Passat. My gas depletes like crazy, even...

Q: I have a 2012 vw Passat. My gas depletes like crazy, even after I've had it serviced? What may be the causes?

asked by on July 20, 2017

Ever since my car warned me I needed it to get serviced, my fuel depletes like crazy. I just got it serviced today, however, it is still depleting. What may be the causes for this?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Several components may be contributing to your decrease in fuel economy. You will want to consider any recent work that you have had done and go through a process of elimination to determine what your main issues may be. Make sure your fuel filter and air filters are clean. You will also want to look into your air intake and coolant temperature sensors. If any are going bad, the calculations run by your vehicles computer will be wrong. For more help with diagnostics and repairs contact our service department to schedule an appointment.