Q: grinding or scraping sound coming from the front L wheel.

asked by on August 20, 2016

There is a gringing/scraping sound coming from the tire area. It began after a steep turn. The grinding sound increases when making turns and tonight the vehicle began to jerk and I thought I was going to lose control. I'm not sure which side of the tire it is coming from I'm thinking the left side. You can also feel it on the gas pedal. Any ideas what this could be?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This sounds like the brake pads or bearings are bad; they could be binding the wheel in the left side. You should have the noise issue inspected and any needed repairs done. A jerking issue could lead to total lock-up of the wheel.