Q: Carbureted engine dropping fuel on a '98 Suzuki Esteem

I have a '98 Suzuki Esteem 1.3 carbureted engine. I see it's dropping fuel and smells of gas when it's parked, when it cold starts. Any suggestions?

Yes. Either clean or rebuild the carburetor or have the carburetor replaced. We haven’t used carburetors in ages. I don’t know what the Suzukis use now, but what we used to use years ago--we used to use Italian rubber carburetor conversion kits. We would throw the crappy Japanese carburetors and we’d put on those good Italian racing carburetors. If you can find an Italian racing carburetor that fits that thing, go on and put one of those on. You’d be happy. It would run a lot better anyways.