Q: Front wiper stopped working and is making a ticking noise

asked by on October 24, 2016

I replace the motor and the New motor did the same thing I put back the old one and manually turned it and it started working again for about a year now it stopped again

Great question and thanks for the inquiry. I did go through this with a customer recently. My suggestion is to look at where your wiper rod motors are connected. This is your issue and I believe this will be the best thing to help your problem. It really just seems like the rod or rods may have just come off. If they continue to come off, you will need to replace the rods, too. You may also consider greasing the bearing for the rod and see if that helps. I think this could be the most helpful thing you could do. To have this taken care of, consider enlisting the help of a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the windshield wipers system and/or follow through with repairs.