Q: Full tank of gas, but it cut off on me...

I filled up with Shell gas on Friday evening. Saturday evening, car cut off at a light but restarted. Finished activities and it started up, no issue. At work today and went to the parking lot to sit in my car and started it up, turned on air. After about 3 minutes, it cut off and would not restart. Last service was with YourMechanic.com for my 60,000 mile service and I change the oil at 5,000 intervals. So maintenance is up to date. What could it be?

This is an intermittent electrical fault, likely in the ignition system or an engine management sensor that is "failing".

There is a decision tree (diagnostic) that mechanics employ to find the issue in cases like this. The only way to resolve it is to go through that decision tree. The fact that the fault is intermittent can occasionally present a dilemma though as obviously if when the mechanic is there, the car runs perfectly, nothing will "appear" as a fault.

What you have to then "hope for" is a sensor (of the type or function that could cause intermittent engine stops) is out of spec and thus reasonable to replace.

At any rate YourMechanic deals with uncounted cases such as the one you are presenting and you are more than welcome to request a mobile visit during which they will identify your starting issue and resolve it as necessary.

3. Full tank of gas, but it cut off on me...