Q: Smartkey not working like it should

The smartkey will not unlock the door of my car unless the car is started first.

Door does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A basic check of the key fob battery should be performed as issues can arise from a dying battery. If the key fob is malfunctioning it could be a connection issue. The smart key can be reset and re-calibrated to the vehicle to halt any further issues. A diagnostic can be done on your car’s lock and key to figure out why it is not working and what repair is needed.