Q: Why does my car go forward in reverse?

I have a 95 Camaro z28 wit the 5.7 lt1 engine and a 4l60e transmission.... The car goes forward in any gear i put it in (including reverse) seems like it drives fine in drive, no codes, no metal in the pan, and the fluid is not that bad. Any ideas on what this could be?

Hello, the automatic transmission has 3 systems; electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical. What describe could be an internal mechanical failure with transmission. There also could be a hydraulic failure internal with transmission creating only the forward gears circuit to operate. The electrical system which includes the module, will go into a default mode if there is a failure with it (set codes). This mode allows forward gears and reverse depending on what has failed. If you’d like to have this looked at, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to verify the issue with your gears for an accurate repair. Best of luck.