Q: Does the bumper of my car need to be taken off to replace windshield washer fluid motor?

I took my Genesis in and they said i need to have the bumper taken off to replace the windshield wiper fluid motor. They wanted to charge me 135.00 to replace the motor. I see that the motor is accessible from the right front wheel well. Shouldn't it be a quick fix without taking off the bumper/light assembly?

According to the Factory Service Manual for your vehicle, the front bumper does indeed have to be removed to gain access to the washer motor. Occasionally, manuals are mistaken as to procedure and/or "access", and thus there are sometimes acceptable alternative procedures. However, presumably the shop will use the method involving the least disassembly. Consequently, once the job is complete if you find that they did remove the bumper, you can be sure that that was technically required (and the manual was correct). On the other hand, if they did not remove the bumper, you can ask for an adjustment of the labor charge. Above all, be sure the washer motor is directly tested to be sure that that is the problem as opposed to there just being a loose connection somewhere in the washer motor circuit. Ask the shop to demonstrate how they tested for the failure and be sure to keep your old parts. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request washer motor inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Does the bumper of my car need to be taken off to replace windshield washer fluid motor?