Q: what's up?

How is working as a mechanic? I'm considering this option after graduating of college

I have taught automotive maintenance technology for over 8 years and have over 35 years total experience as a mechanic. I can tell you that it is a career that can make you a good living. The profession is changing on a fast rate and up-to-date training is very important. You should talk to several other mechanics and business owners to get their opinion. You will find some beginner mechanics that struggle to get the advanced training they need without working at a dealership that provides this training. There are aftermarket trainers at a high cost for training. The job requires a lot of technical ability and lots of expensive tools to be successful in the profession.

If you’re interested in learning more, YourMechanic has an article detailing the 10 Best Entry-Level Auto Mechanic Jobs. You can also look into earning an Automotive College Degree.