Q: Bad odor in my car that is making me ill.

Hello, the muffler is louder than usual, there is a smell in the car that makes my nose burn, my tongue burn, makes me cough, it's almost toxic. Please help, can you give me any suggestions on where to take my car to checked out or what to do? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The first thing I would recommend doing is taking your vehicle to a local exhaust shop to determine if you have any exhaust leaks. If you have any exhaust leaks that would be my first recommendation as far as repairs go. I would then also make sure to have the vehicle emissions tested to be sure that it is producing a acceptable amount of emissions. At this point you should then be able to drive your vehicle without feeling sick. If the smell is not related to a car part but rather a spill, you can check out our article here on how to get rid of a smell in a car. Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Bad odor in my car that is making me ill.