Q: Would a content 4g64 engine from a 2001/2 Mitsubishi mirage bolt snap into a 2002 lancer Rally oz

asked by on February 28, 2017

Can the 4g64 from a Mitsubishi mirage / galant bolt straight on to a 2002 lancer Rally oz? I'm in need of a simple and clean engine swap and currently the only Mitsubishi cars local to get engines from are the 4g64's from the galant and mirage .

Hi there. Unfortunately, engine swaps is not a service we offer at YourMechanic.com, as such; we’re not able to offer advice on whether or not this engine will fit your application. I would advise you contact a local engine replacement shop to determine if this is possible and recommended. In many cases, the engines will fit, but once you try to hook up the electronics; this is where the problems occur.