Q: Problems with a 2006 3.0L v6 Ranger?

asked by on March 05, 2017

Looking at buying a 2006 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 extended cab. With it being around 157,000 kilometers is there anything that is a common problem with these engines or vehicles in general? i already test drove it and no noises out of the sort from the engine or transmission. This vehicle is accident free and no major visual damage to anything. Looking to get a second opinion on this truck.

The main thing that stands out is to make sure the transmission shifts very smooth going up and down through the gears. The transmission is very common to have a sticking servo that changes the gears will bind in the transmission case bore and requires the transmission to be rebuilt and the bore repaired. Other than this the normal fuel pump, turn signal problems and the GEM modules go bad.