Q: Check Engine light codes

My car has 3 Check Engine light codes on: p0440 p0441 and p0445. What can I do to solve the emissions issues?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If your Check Engine light has come on for emissions problems I would recommend having a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic, scan and interpret the trouble codes, and thoroughly examine the vehicle’s emissions system. All three of those codes are related to the vehicle’s evaporative emissions system. P0440 indicates a large leak in the EVAP system, P0441 indicates incorrect purge flow, and P0445 indicates a EVAP purge valve circuit short. 2 of the 3 codes are related to the purge valve, so I would first locate and test the purge valve, and then search for leaks from there.