Q: Check engine light on , 2012 Hyundai Sonata

asked by on October 23, 2016

So when I step-mom the gas there is no power . The cat is sluggish .

Hello, a common issue with Hyundai engines is the camshaft and crank shaft position sensors failing consistently. These sensors detect where the camshaft and crankshaft are in relation to each and when they fail, the vehicle usually goes into limp mode. It could be a number of things but it sounds like this could be a common issue that would cause these symptoms. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the issue further and replace the camshaft and crankshaft if needed.