Q: When driving the car it feels like it's gone into a higher gear.

asked by on October 25, 2016

car feels like it goes into high dear

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in. Is your Check Engine Light illuminated? Your description sounds like your transmission may be in "limp mode" which is usually 2nd gear in many transmissions. It is also possible that the sensation you are getting is caused by a less-than-smooth engagement of the torque converter lockup clutch (at 40-50 mph).

There are a number of technical service bulletins (TSB) for your vehicle and transmission: 237946, 224290 and 222394. Check with your Mitsubishi service center regarding these TSBs.

Otherwise, consider having the vehicle inspected and serviced by one of our mobile technicians at your home or office.