Q: Burning smell coming from rear of van

I hear a loud, high-pitched squeak coming from the rear. I also detect the smell of burning plastic or rubber, and the right rear tire gets hot to the touch if driven for too long. I had the brakes and calipers replaced on the recommendation of another mechanic.

Hi there, it sounds like your pads are rubbing against the rotor creating excess heat. Normally the pads release slightly off of rotor when the brakes are released and the wheels start moving. If the issue is still happening after the repair you mentioned, something may have not been installed correctly. Have a certified technician inspect the brake system to troubleshoot and fix your problem.