Q: Car starts, but doesn't shift into gear, and power steering not working.

Car would not start. I replaced the battery, cable, and starter. Now, car starts, but it won't shift into gear, the power steering doesn't work, the lights on the instrument panel do not work, the power windows and locks do not work, and the heater/AC/radio do not work.

A: Sometimes with newer vehicles, replacing th...

Sometimes with newer vehicles, replacing the battery can cause issues. Some systems may need to be reset, or relearned in order to function properly. It's not that you did anything wrong necessarily, but I would suggest you ask for help from a certified technician with a scan tool who can do all the necessary resets and relearning procedures that need to be done after the battery is replaced. If there are any problems that need to be addressed the technician can advise you on what needs to be repaired to get your car working great again.

Recommended services
Get a Quote