Q: Gauges not working

My gauges do not work, so I can't tell how fast I'm going or how many RPMs the car is putting out.

Hello. If only your tachometer and speedometer aren’t working, the problem is probably with the instrument cluster itself. This is because these two gauges use completely different inputs. The speedometer gets its signal from the vehicle speed sensor (VSS), whereas the tach uses input from the crankshaft position sensor (CKP). The stepper motor on the back of the instrument cluster has been known to go out, affecting both of these gauges. I suggest having a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s electrical components to see if this is the problem.

3. Gauges not working