Q: Check engine light refuses to go off after engine replaced

My check engine light has been on since 2014. I'll try to make the story short. In 2014 my oil light and check engine light came on. Got the oil changed & took car to dealer for engine light. They said no oil was in the car & that the other place probably didn't change it. They put oil in the car & reset the lights. About a week later lights back on. That same week engine locks. Tow the car to the dealer. They say engine needs to be replaced due to sludge. They blame me & say I didn't do enough oil changes. I need my car so no time to argue. I get the engine replaced at a friends auto shop (Dec 2014). A few weeks into 2015 engine light is back on. I take the car to my mechanic friend & he says its the camshaft solenoid (P0011 & P0014). I get the exhaust actuator replaced. Light on. Intake replaced. Light on. Fast forward 2016 engine light & oil light on. Oil change done. Oil light back on. Took to dealer to fix yesterday. Engine light back after oil change, fuel induction, new gas cap

Hello there, you have a long series of issues going on with your 2013 Hyundai Sonata. If you keep getting a repeating oil light on than there is likely a fault in that system.

Since this fault has lasted after the engine was replaced it could be a oil pressure sensor, wiring harness fault, ECU fault, oil pump, oil strainer clogged, or low oil pressure.

To diagnose this issue properly you need a complete vehicle inspection to start from square one and identify the root cause of all this.

3. Check engine light refuses to go off after engine replaced