Q: Dodge Charger will not run after engine swap

My 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was swapped from a 5.7L to a 3.5L v6. The car would not run so the mechanic swapped the transmission to fit the 3.5L. He also swapped the throttle body, wire harness, control module, and the starter. The computer was not working so it got swapped and reprogrammed. The car still won't run. Any suggestions?

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the 3.5l V6 "donor" engine/transmission was verified as running before the swap, make sure EVERYTHING from that running combination is installed and configured as it was previously in the running vehicle - components, wiring, software levels in the engine/transmission controllers, etc. Any variation from that configuration means an unknown configuration and problems - as you have experienced.